Tuesday, 15 March 2016

100 Mugs in 100 Days

I am about to start the biggest challenge  I have put myself through since I started playing with clay. My heart is bouncing like crazy with excitement as I write this post.

This challenge was started by the great artist Kim Foale and I am grateful for it. This will push me over my limits at least 100 times!

The challenge starts on Monday 14th January 2016 and it will go on for 100 working days. We will make 100 mugs in 100 working days (Monday to Friday). Each Sunday I will post a photo with my 5 mugs made in that week. My goal is to learn as much as I can. As Kim says, this is a great way for improving my skills.

I will make my mugs by slab building, pinching, throwing and why not a combination of all. Slip casting is something I never tried before but I am looking forward to give it a go.

I am excited and nervous about this challenge but it will be interesting to see my progress in making mugs, writing a blog and taking photographs (yes that means I am expecting to see progress!).

Join us! It will be so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. I am so pleased you will be joining in. It will be fun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, it is a lot of fun! Hurrah to the end :) xx

      Delete